Update: Gavin Dennis helps Jamaicans to understand the country’s cybercrimes law
In February 2018, Gavin Dennis contributed to creating an online guide to help Jamaicans understand their country’s cybercrimes law
Below is the link to the web guide. It is owned and managed by G5 Cyber Security, Inc. (G5CS)
Gavin provided professional support in the following ways:
- Simplified the legal content of Jamaica’s Official Cybercrimes Act (law) into English terms so citizens can easily understand the legal implications of committing cybercrimes.
- Implemented HTTPS for all connections to the website and receiving Grade A by Qualys SSL Labs Server Test. You may click the following link to verify with Qualys’ SSL Test: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?viaform=on&d=ccajamaica.com&hideResults=on
- Implemented Security Headers to protect both users and the website. You may click the following link to verify with SecurityHeaders.com. https://securityheaders.com/?q=ccajamaica.com&hide=on&followRedirects=on
- Implemented a web firewall for the website to protect against harmful traffic.
- Implemented other forms of hardening for the website to keep the website secure.
Along with the website, Gavin contributed a series of short image-based extracts of each section of the law and posted them as an educational campaign on Social Media. These extracts can be found on his social media pages on Twitter (@hackinggavin), Instagram (@hackinggavin), and LinkedIn (Gavin Dennis).
If you have committed a cybercrime against a Protected Computer, it is automatically considered a Serious Crime, and you can go to prison for up to twenty-five (25) years. A Protected Computer is any computer system used in national security, for storing confidential educational material, configuring services in Industries such as communication infrastructure, Banking and Financial Services, Public Utilities, Public Transportation, Hospitals, Courts, Toll Roads, Traffic Lights, Bridges, Airports, Seaports. It also covers computer systems used in Public Safety Services such as the police, fire brigade, civil defence and medical services.
PS. As of 2020, website security and hosting for this website is sponsored by G5 Cyber Security, Inc. (G5CS). Please visit g5cybersecurity.com to schedule a meeting from their online calendar to discuss Cyber Security and Data Privacy services for your business.
G5CS is a Caribbean-based Cyber Security and Data Privacy consulting company supporting businesses and people internationally.